Puffworks is on a mission to pass along healthier snacking one nut butter puff at a time.
As a growing company, we’re always keeping an eye out for great talent who want to help us keep building our brand. If you are driven, collaborative and have a background in the CPG industry, we’d love to hear from you. See below for our current opening. If you wish to apply, please send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com subject line: Director of Sales Position.
We look forward to hearing from interested candidates!
Puffworks, Inc. – Director of Sales
We’re looking for a highly motivated sales person who is results-oriented and experienced in building relationships to join our growing team. This is a perfect role for a professional seeking a highly-visible leadership position within a fast-growing food/CPG company.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puffworks, Inc. is a better-for-your startup snack brand that makes organic peanut butter puffs using simple, organic ingredients. We are currently seeking a Director of Sales who can help support and expand our distribution.
The ideal candidate is motivated by developing new business and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. This person can 1) leverage his/her retail/distributor relationships to acquire key accounts in the natural and conventional grocery channels; 2) maximize sales in existing accounts; 3) set up and manage distribution and broker networks effectively. The Director of Sales will report to the CEO and work closely with the Director of Marketing.
- Assist in developing and executing a Sales Plan consistent with the company’s overall strategies
- Lead account penetration of key customers
- Develop effective promotional plans for each customer, while managing overall trade spend
- Perform customer assessments to improve product positioning
- Drive top line revenue growth for the company by driving new store placement and store sales growth
- Set and meet sales goals for securing placement at new store accounts
- Monitor and ensure full SKU placement and proper velocity growth
- Establish strong relations with headquarters and regional buyers
- Hire/manage brokers, regional sales directors, sales teams and territory managers
- Manage distributors and ensure proper pricing to channel
- Establish annual in-store promotional calendars and ensure proper execution of price promotion programs including, but not limited to TPRs
- Work with Director of Marketing to set up and manage sales and field marketing ambassadors and/or third-party field marketing agency to ensure effective demos/merchandising
- Attend key food-focused trade shows (i.e. Expo West) and leverage the event for meeting key (new and existing) buyers/retailers.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment for a start-up/small company under $20M
- 4-5+ years of sales experience selling natural products in the natural and/or conventional grocery channels (experience within the salty snacks category is a bonus!)
- Has prior relationships with key national and regional accounts, ideally with snack buyers within the natural and grocery channel
- Demonstrated success in managing a national network of brokers and distributors in the natural and conventional grocery channel
- Driven by analytics and data (e.g. IRI, Nielsen, Spins, retailer/distributor reports) when making decisions and presenting to key customers
- Strong track record of meeting or exceeding quarterly company sales goals
- Ability to manage sales funnel and store relationships
- Ability to coordinate and track multi-pronged sales promotional efforts including TPR, coupons, demos, store staff presentations/samples, off-shelf and/or secondary placements, seasonal promotional programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team leadership and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Bachelor’s degree required
- Bonus opportunities
- Equity incentives
- Free, delicious organic peanut butter puffs!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 2016 in Portland, Oregon, Puffworks is on a mission to pass along healthy snacking and help reduce common food allergies one organic nut butter puff at a time. Puffworks is committed to making their products the best tasting snacks with 100% real organic ingredients.