Puffworks, Inc. – Director of Sales
We’re looking for a highly motivated sales person who is results-oriented and experienced in building relationships to join our growing team. This is a perfect role for a professional seeking a highly-visible leadership position within a fast-growing food company.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puffworks, Inc. is a better-for-your startup snack brand that makes peanut butter puffs using simple, organic ingredients. We are currently seeking a Director of Sales who can help support and expand our distribution efforts.
The ideal candidate is motivated by developing new business and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. This person can 1) leverage his/her relationships to acquire key accounts in the natural and grocery channel; 2) maximize sales in existing accounts; 3) set up and manage distribution and broker networks effectively. The Director of Sales will report to the CEO and work closely with the marketing manager.
· Develop and execute a Sales Plan consistent with the company’s overall strategies
· Lead account penetration of key customers
· Develop effective promotional plan for each customer, while managing overall trade spend
· Perform customer assessments to improve product positioning
· Responsible for driving top line revenue growth for the company by driving new store placement and comp store sales growth
· Set and meet sales goals for securing placement at new store accounts
· Monitor and ensure full SKU placement and proper velocity growth
· Establish strong relations with headquarters and regional buyers
· Hire and manage brokers, regional sales directors, sales teams and territory managers
· Manage distributors and ensure proper pricing to channel
· Establish annual in store promotional calendar and ensure proper execution of price promotion programs including, but not limited to TPRs
· Work with Marketing Manager to set up and manage sales and marketing coordinator(s) to ensure proper execution of in-store demo programs
· Collaborate with Marketing Manager to organize presence at key food-focused trade shows (i.e. ExpoWest).
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Experience working in a highly collaborative environment for a start-up/small company under $20M
· 7+ years of sales experience selling natural products in the natural and grocery channels
· Has prior relationships with key national and regional accounts, ideally with snack buyers within the natural and grocery channel
· Demonstrated success in managing a national network of brokers and distributors in the natural and grocery channel
· Driven by analytics and data (e.g. IRI, Nielsen, Spins, retailer/distributor reports) when making decisions and presenting to key customers
· Experience in launching new products a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Experience leading the sales effort of a fast-growing natural brand
· Strong track record of meeting or exceeding quarterly company sales goals
· Ability to manage sales funnel and store relations in CRM system
· Ability to coordinate and track multi-pronged sales promotional efforts including TPR, coupons, demos, store staff presentations/samples, off shelf placements, seasonal promotional programs, and in store ads
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong team leadership and organizational skills
Bachelor’s degree required
· Bonus opportunities
· Equity incentives
· Free, delicious peanut butter puffs!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 2016 in Portland, Oregon, Puffworks is on a mission to pass along healthier snacking habits and fuel your fun. Whether you’re looking for a cleaner-label snack for your daily routine, want to take the stress and mess out of early peanut introduction or are in search of your next post-workout protein we have a product for you. Join us on our journey to #PassthePuffs